Monday, February 26, 2007

Wham! Burger

Today me, Colin and Zehan went down to China Square Food Centre to try out the famous Wham! Burger. The reviews have always puzzled me: firstly, opinions are varied, and those who say it's good concur that the stall barely receives any customers.

And indeed, there were barely any customers, as the queue from the adjacent fishball mee stall stretched across the front of Wham. Which was great for us, cos we didn't have to queue. So anyway we ordered a beef burger with cheese, a chicken and a fish burger, with two sides of fries and an onion rings.

And we thus embarked on what Colin called "burger promiscuity", taking a bite and swapping the burgers while the 2 office-worker dudes in front of us tried their very best to ignore us. Here's how it went:

The beef burger with cheese! Colin took one bite and at once had that cheesy "food program host" look on his face. To be sure, I snatched it out of his grip, which had evidently been weakened by sheer bliss. So I took a bite too, and at once had that cheesy "food program host" look on my face too! For $6.30,(with fries) I'd say this beats even Carl's Jr. (but then again I haven't tried a lot of Carl's Jr.)
The fish burger, which took the longest to prepare, was also my favourite. The first bite was full of fishy freshness and the fish meat was really white. (see top left pic) The stall also serves fish & chips, and I suspect that they use the same fish for that. Curiously enough, I was down to the last bite when I detected a distinct dory fish taste, which dampened my enthusiasm for it somewhat. But it was great overall!
And lastly, the chicken burger! They were pretty generous with the patty, which was satay-flavoured. Great for someone looking for a satay flavoured chicken burger, but I prefer mine battered and deep fried!

..yes I know, this is beginning to look a lot like a food blog. Just to prove that it isn't, here's a statement about my personal life:
I'm going to have homemade korean BBQ for dinner!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger -clong- said...

haha really looks like a food blog leh.. hehe maybe just convert it la.. hm.. whats ur other two blogs? which shld i add?

February 28, 2007 at 3:23 AM  
Blogger Xia Bing said...

hello hello! :) lalalal~ it's been a long time since we chatted! i see everything is well with you! i love food blogs! i dun get singaporean food here, so blog more about food, then i can read about them and drool =p whahahah... i've been busy and sleepy.. zzzz.. i'll go and msn and poke you some time soon. soo sleeepy..

February 28, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home