Saturday, June 18, 2011

a certain ivy league university

They're just gross. First they expect us to call them up to register our interest in enrolling and assure them that they're our first choice. I wasted good money and time calling them from Starbucks only to speak to..who? A masters student, posing some pre-prepared questions (so are we your first choice?) I thought that was quite unprofessional. And then - when the official decision letter finally came (online, no mail even) it was three days before the deadline. I missed the deadline of course, and requested for an extension, which I was granted. No specific time was given, so I assumed it was 2359 New York time. But nope, when I logged on at 6:50pm NY time I learned that the deadline had passed.
Way to go for a university that has been suffering some pretty high rejection rates of late. I can just picture them scratching their heads wondering why..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home