Wednesday, March 7, 2007

what's terpsichore?

Another lagged post, this one dating back to Saturday.

So I joined the band sans Elayner for the long awaited outing at East Coast. Our band is currently in shambles because the singer wants to go overseas and hence has to quit. And the drummer will probably follow suit because..well..he's her boyfriend. Which leaves us a keyboard, bass and 2 guitars. I volunteered to switch to drums, but they'd only let me do it till we find another drummer. Bah.

I dropped by at Botak Jones hoping to steal a bite before the concert. While I was waiting for my order, one of the Botak Jones staff, this really big sized guy, came up to me and asked "you don't need to serve army ah?"
Of course.
No wonder I thought he'd looked familiar. He was the RJ basketball captain =P I'd seen him on my last visit and failed to recognise him. And so we talked about people we knew in common (basically all the PRCs I knew) as well as school.I actually had some difficulty with the burger. It was kinda dry and..I dunno..hard to swallow this time round. And by the time I was done with it I was feeling kinda sick in the stomach and really, really unhealthy. The wonderful thing is, I'll still be back for more!

I then met up with Yuh Shin at NUS Cultural Centre to watch Terpsichore: Rough Cuts 2007 (or something like that). She wears contacts too! There was this really nice band playing really nice tunes with a Highlandish flavour to them..I thought the violin as the lead instrument was a splendid concept. Wish I knew who they were! YS's friend, Zhigen joined us shortly after. He actually reads the N3 blog, which came as a bit of a shock to me..I'd been inactive there for so long that I wasn't aware that we actually had readers..!

I STILL feel like an idiot for not being able to recognise Kai Yun in the second performance. And even in her other item I had trouble spotting her among the other dancers..aye goes to show I don't pay enough attention to her. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home