Monday, May 28, 2007

post mortem

I'd rate the gig at ocs air wing social nite 3/10 i.e. we flopped! haha not that I didn't expect it anyway. My dad rushed me to Furama and I arrived at the ballroom all flustered..and I still hadn't a clue how to play I Believe in a Thing Called Love and That Thing You Do. After soundcheck we rushed down to Bras Basah to buy guitar straps and picks and dinner, then rushed back to the hotel an hour before the gig and I still had no idea how to play. So I had a crash course at the lift lobby with Ruiyang's acoustic. And then Kenneth's sister and her friends showed up to pile on the pressure..(not that I felt much pressure anyway-one of the perks of being the bassist) Oh and one of us-i forgot who-very helpfully mentioned that 75 girls were watching us. (150 tables-each OCT had a date)
So the time came and we went on. There were mistakes galore-missed cues, missed beats, unbalanced sound levels and of course terrible playing from yours truly who wasn't too familiar with the songs anyway. Halfway through they were flashing slides of the OCTs fooling around, during which me and Ken were very distracted. At least they probably weren't too bothered if we screwed up. Disaster struck however when they asked for an encore, and we launched into something WE HADN'T REHEARSED and I HAD NEVER HEARD (okay sounded slightly familiar but still..) so I had to play by ear.
It didn't even occur to us to replay one of our earlier songs in the set.
Because of this suicidal venture Jensen flared up backstage at Kenneth after the whole thing, and boy it was looking pretty serious till we stepped in with the usual "we'll learn from it" and stuff. So things cooled down and Jensen and Ken left, leaving Ruiyang, Nelson, Kenneth and myself to pack up.
Back outside, Tim Ho and Kenneth's sister told us that it was actually not bad, but there was some idiot OCT at the back making snide remarks and making out with his date. I'm so glad we had a couple of 2LTs on our side who were perfectly capable of making the lowlife OCTs' lives a living hell if not for sheer compassion. On that note, Ruiyang and Tim pointed out that Air Force OCTs tend to have that holier than thou air about them-which was actually kind of true..
oh and then there was this girl who was dressed like a Playboy bunny sans bunny ears - tube top, hot pants and stockings*myeyesmyeyes!*

2 Comments:

Blogger -nik- said...

no wonder u like bunnies :p

May 28, 2007 at 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u've got spam =) lalalala
do aft brief k? ty =)

May 29, 2007 at 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home