Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a leisurely jog in a thunderstorm and a bag o fishnchips

Took PM off yesterday and as a rule I like to make the most out of my off days. So I thought crashing NUS would be a rather good idea again. might as well try to like the place before spending four years there. Oh yes it's probably official, I'm staying in Singapore for the time being. My sister's getting married and moving out so that pretty much leaves me to stay and look after the parents yes?

if you thought nobody else in his right mind would be in such a hurry to get acquainted with varsity life, there's always cheeyen. We went to Arts faculty and had the obscenely cheap chicken cutlet and fishnchips ($2.20 each!) but not before venturing into the CompSci faculty in our search for the arts canteen. Maybe I was influenced by stereotype, but it did seem that Arts people are better dressed than their sciencey counterparts. Being among the arts people felt nice and warm and fuzzy. Also, zero risk of familiar people catching you engaging in an activity as mundane as going to school on your off-days.

We then wandered into the bookshop where I stood and admired this line of products by BlueQ for the longest time. Take a gander at these:
splendid, are they not? I had half a mind to get these for Colin and Sara's birthdays.

And when we were done there, we traipsed over to Engine faculty to explore the myth of the gross gender imbalance there. We went in with a myth and emerged with a FACT YES IT'S TRUE IT WAS A TRAUMATISING EXPERIENCE IT WAS ALL GUYS IT WAS LIKE AN ARMY CAMP so we didn't stay for long.


Met up with Tovya at the Engin Macs and cabbed down to Greenwood Fish Market to dabao dinner. Quite a charming locale! And the fish and chips came in a paper bag..only thing missing was the roll of newspaper. We then headed for Tovya's house just as it began to pour. No worries, I have my umbrel...wait I think I left it in office the other day. Very nice. Run.

The fish n chips were excellent! But not quite as nice as fish n co IMO!

We were discussing homosexuality. I think gays are very poor thing. Tovya was telling me about how this girl liked a straight girl and kept pleading with her to give herself a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home