Tuesday, January 15, 2008

damn frustrated

I must've emailed at least a dozen schools by now, and not one of them has gotten back to me. And I know why - the guys who ORDed earlier and the girls who just graduated from JC - they must've snapped up all the positions by now.

It makes no sense - that guys who enlisted as PES A and B be the only ones eligible for the two month cut in their NS term if they do well in NAPFA. And what's more, a lot of them get downgraded after enlistment, bringing their PES status down, and yet they still only have to serve 1 year 10 months. And so people like me who got silver for NAPFA still lan lan have to serve 2 years. I used to be okay with it, until I recently realised that it's jeopardising my search for a temp job. what is the rationale in making PES A&B personnel the darlings of the SAF while condemning everyone else? if they have a good reason, I'd like to hear it.

Anyhow, if I get desperate I'll probably start calling or going down to the schools personally. Somehow I have a lot more confidence talking to someone in person than on the phone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha comon. tell me about it. i've never failed to get a gold in my entire sec sch + jc life.

mm but why worry, these are only the small things in life. there are way more important concerns in your life that require your attention. (:

January 18, 2008 at 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home