Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy CNY!

Chinese New Year turned out to be pretty pleasant. Got up at 6.30 at my parents' request to go help them queue for free abalone at Carrefour. Singaporeans never cease to amaze me (I amaze myself sometimes). Anyhow it went like this - one had to buy $16.80 worth of goods, take the receipt and go queue for the abalone. As you can imagine, all sorts of wonderful ploys surfaced: 1. queue cutting..It's amazing how people can just cut in nonchalantly. 2. barging into carrefour before the store opened, essentially forcing them to open for business 3. having a representative of sorts queue for the abalone while sending a whole army into the store to each purchase $16.80 worth of goods.

In the afternoon Fenglei and Wenhui came over for lunch and a spot of gambling before we all went down to River Hongbao. It's exactly the same as in previous years, save for maybe the animal of the year. No creativity lah these guys. Tsk.

Evening. Went to watch Sweeney Todd with Jacq and I really must say I think that was the best movie of 2008 so far. Which is not saying much, considering we're something like 40 days into the year but still. it's the movie to beat. I loved the sets and the soundtrack and the whole morbidity of it all.

We also discovered this book fair where everything was going for $5. I intend to go back there today to dig up some stuff. I decline to disclose the location of said bookfair because if I did everyone would rush for the books and I'd have nothing left. So nerr.

Oh yesterday I also managed to set up a new slipshod recording rig following the demise of my old comp. It's not much but I trust it'll do the trick:

..not that I'll actually have the TIME to do any recording now that I'm tied down to that IBN thing. Better not be a waste of time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home