Sunday, September 7, 2008

OIC Portrait Day Sep 08

I particularly liked how Drewscape introduced this month's Portrait Day:
"Get ready for another round of portrait day where you get to hone your illustration kung-fu skills under pressure and for real paying customers. Happening at Red Dot museum and part of MAAD, Customers will sit for 15mins while everyone draws the same person. The customers then gets to choose their most liked drawings. Every of your drawing that gets chosen, you get $8. There will be a booth fee of $80 that will be split among all who attend."

That about summed up the entire day. Anne dropped by with her mum and uh...aunt? and turned out to be my one and only paying customer for the day T_T Didn't help that I was getting neckaches the whole day! Oh well at least she ensured that so far, I've sold at least one drawing every Portrait Day.

There was this girl from NTU however who came along to get my contact so that she could interview me for some feature somewhere on young artists!

Went for a zhi char dinner that night with the OIC peeps somewhere in Chinatown, then went with Caleb to meet Bella, who happened to pon Portrait Day due to one of her many arty jobs.

It would be my last portrait day until at least next summer, maybe August. Must hone my illustration kung-fu skills in London!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home