Sunday, November 9, 2008

scaring yourself can be scary

So after falling sick a few posts back I developed this horrendous cough, exacerbated after eating plates after plates of fried hokkien mee. (see previous posts) The good thing was that I'd developed a pretty solid hokkien mee recipe, the bad thing was that I also developed something else- this horrendous horrendous cough that still hasn't completely gone away.

Things started to get really hairy last Tuesday when I discovered I'd lost 7kg, and was coughing up blood. Realising that these were the same symptoms of pneumonia/tuberculosis, I decided to lay off the hokkien mee. Bought cough syrup, lemon ginger ginseng infusion tea and manuka honey and attacked the cough with guns blazing. it's actually getting better now, and it helps to know that I actually lost 4kg not 7. And that the blood probably came from my nose somewhere.

But there was some fun to be had in the process-including the trip to Brugge. Which wasn't all that fun considering we spent all of 4 hours in the city and 1 hour in this French hypermart. The highlight, it must be said, was this meal Jared and I had that totalled up to something like 60 euros. Pricey, but hearty. Belgian waffles don't appear to be Belgium's specialty as much as Belgian chocolate and..french fries! The potato just melts in your mouth. Bless the Belgians for them's fries!

As for the French hypermart, all I can say is that it looked just like a hypermart with everything in French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home