Wednesday, November 14, 2007

联合公园

13th Nov

Cabbed down to Ken's house to jam with the band. (We never really got to name ourselves, but at the Air Force Officers' Graduation Ball we introduced ourselves as “the band”.) We did a bit of James Blunt, Britney Spears and this other song-forgot the title. Here's a lousy recording of us doing "Baby One More Time":

The Linkin Park concert was very short. And I think they were trying to be fashionably late on purpose, but whatever it was they were trying to do we had to wait an hour before the concert. After 55 minutes, I told my sis, “hey I'd better go to the toilet right now, because chances are while I'm in there the lights will go off, and Linkin Park will make their grand entrance with guitars blazing. Always happens.”

I thought about it for a while, but decided to wait a while longer. Two minutes later, the lights went off and Linkin Park made their grand entrance with guitars blazing. They then proceeded to launch straight into a barrage of songs, hardly stopping to address the audience. Save for the time Chester got rather annoyed. “You guys are ruthless. Stealing my jewelery and grabbing at my injured hand! Now I can't use this anymore cos it's broken.” he said, brandishing a broken bracelet before tossing it into the sea of ruthless people. In stark contrast to the mosh pit however, the people in front of us were dead. I couldn't believe they actually remained in their seats throughout the whole thing. Took a lot out of the atmosphere.

Next concert: Dream Theatre on 17 Jan, a day before ORD! woohoo! and then there's jay chou on 19 Jan, a day after ORD. do I dare?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home