Friday, May 30, 2008

NUS Law finally got back to me two days ago, denying me entry. And a day later, SMU Law called to ask what were the chances that I'd accept their course, and I promptly rejected them. It's like a food chain. I'm slightly relieved, cos that means I won't have to agonise over yet another difficult decision.

So that brings two years of wondering about the future to a close, and it was all pretty much decided within the span of a month. I remember the long walks from my unit to FDS and looking at the sky and wondering what my friends overseas were up to. Then I'd feel a sense of dread wash over me at the prospect of studying Life Sci under MOE. It's not so much Life Sci (I dislike the course structure) as MOE, cos I wasn't getting a very good impression of the organisation from their disastrous admin and HR department. In the end, deadlines proved to be the best motivator, and it feels good now to have a bit of certainty in my life.

In the meantime, my stint at IBN is ending in two weeks. When I first came in I was cursing myself for making a bad decision - now I'm glad I made that decision and I don't want to leave. I met a great bunch of people here, but I just know I'm probably going to leave it all behind in September. Going overseas, from what I've observed, separates the friends from mere acquaintances. I have 3 months to invest in the relationships that I treasure and hedge them against the degenerating effect of distance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

<3s KW =D

May 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home