Monday, March 19, 2007

Class outing




Did night duty on Saturday night, slept 2 hrs, then joined Khai Phang, Eng Shing and Jason Chua for pool at our favourite haunt at Paradiz. For me, the highlight was when I managed to sink 4 consecutive balls-then on the fifth shot the ball went senget and sank the black ball T_T

Jason had to go off after that so me, KP and ES went to KFC after our plans to supporting the world's greatest symbol of globalisation were thwarted by a lack of seating space. We sat and ate and tok kok for a good 1 hour, during which all the last minute withdrawals came flooding in. Jibo couldn't make it cos of a project work meeting, followed by En Qi who was sick, then Victor, then WC. Khai Phang was begging me to let him go home but he had the misfortune of being stuck with me.

In any case, all was good when eq and vic showed up in the end, swelling the numbers to a healthy six! So we traipsed down to Mind Cafe, which actually serves pretty mediocre food and not-too-interesting games. But, as Cons pointed out, if we didn't make the knee-jerk trip there, we'd never get anywhere.
Xiuli hasn't changed a bit. I had this impression that people who studied abroad would kinda behave differently when they came back. I'm glad, cos I can't imagine our dear gangster chief and resident cool girl being anything other than that..
En Qi says I've become a punk and Cons says I look shaggier. huh?
As we left Mind and headed to Macs, we took a walk through what they must call The Cannery, which is actually a pretty cool place with lots of interesting dining spots.

One of them was that really gross hospital-themed restaurant, The Aureum. The reception area was modelled after a morgue, flanked by a couple o wheelchairs on which the menu was propped up. The entrance was on the right, with a sign that said something about a Clinic. Or was it really just an adjacent clinic. Oops. At least the staff wasn't decked out in surgical robes. The wheelchairs were pretty charming though, but that's because I happen to be an avid appreciator of Silent Hill. I hear that you dine seated in wheelchairs and your cutlery sits in those OT trays. And the menu apparently features molecular gastronomy, and prices which are..umm..astronomy?
It's always great to meet up with the class once in a while, even though hours earlier I'd been quite ready to renounce my membership..when people don't show up for outings I organise without reason, I take it rather personally. We need to ditch that habit of asking that infernal question "who's going". Pertinent as it may be, it really cheeses me off. At least confirm your attendance before asking who's going. WC was an especially subtle one: "Who's there? I wanna see whether it's worth my time"..or something along those lines.

..BTW, it's been a year since I first set foot into my unit! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home